Skip to main content

The Texas Experience: Day 1

Initially, I was very excited to come to Texas because I thought I was going to be in Dallas. The joke was on me because I have been in Bedford/Euless, Texas the entire time. Since I have been here, I have had a few unpleasant run-ins with a few restaurants. Let me give you a recap.

Day 1: Whataburger

When I arrived at the hotel, I checked my surroundings and noticed that there was a restaurant called Whataburger, and a gas station right across the street. I was kind of excited to try Whataburger because it's a Texas chain restaurant, therefore this would be my chance to try it since it's not available in Chicago. when I walked in, the cashier looked like she was COMPLETELY over her job and didn't look like she wanted to be bothered. (I understand). After looking at the menu, I finally decide on a patty melt meal, which came with a medium fry and, what I didn't notice at the time, a 32 oz drink. YES, A 32 OZ DRINK!  I also bought a side of onion rings. When I received my food, I realized that I failed to ask for mayo. I asked one of the workers if they had any packets of mayo available, and he told me he could put some in a cup for me. He came back with a tiny container of mayo with a lid on it. I took the lid off and saw there was a fiesta of s**t happening in that cup. There was some wilted lettuce, some smeared mustard, and some other stuff that I could not identify. I politely went back to the counter and asked another worker if I may have some mayo. (WE DON'T WANT ANY MORE SURPRISES IN OUR FOOD SO BE RESPECTFUL TO THE WORKERS).

Here are the pros and cons of this meal:

Pros
-The patty actually taste like real beef
-The cheese actually melted
-The onion rings were pretty tasty

Cons
-The grilled onions are minced and basically playing hide and seek
-The toasted bread is extremely flimsy
-The sandwich was kind of bland.
-The fries were cold.
-The customer service wasn't the best.

I would rate this 2.5 out of 5. Overall, the food was extremely mediocre. Would I try it again? By choice, no. For survival reasons, yes. It wasn't horrible, it just was not worth $10 plus tax.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Birth of The Toughest Critic

Hi everyone, We all love our trusty friend Google, but has Google ever steered you in the wrong direction? My name is Tani, and I currently live in one of the greatest cities in the world, Chicago, IL. Like you, I love everything food related; cooking shows, cookbooks/magazines, Chef Ramsey, and of course FOOD! I enjoy cooking but there are some days where I simply do not have the time to cook...and then I find myself eating out somewhere. Today, I put my trust in the review section of Google to find a restaurant in Bedford, TX. My goal was to find some really good BBQ Ribs. I found a restaurant with a little over 4.5 stars with good reviews, and I went for it. When I tasted the food, I. Was. Floored. In the worst way. In fact, I was so floored that I created this blog so I can tell you about my experience. Welcome to The Toughest Critic.